Oregon Laser & Wellness Center
Black Doll Facial
What Is The Black Doll Facial?
Having a facial done is a great way to relieve stress and treat yourself. There are so many great options for different facials that not only feel amazing but are so beneficial for your skin. One of the choices you have when deciding on the perfect one for your skin is the Black Doll one. This is one of the best facials for the health of your dermis! Our highly trained professionals at Oregon Laser & Wellness Center can help you decide which one is the best for you based on your skin type.
Often referred to as “Carbon Laser Skin Rejuvenation”, this type of skin treatment is a non-invasive, and pain-free treatment that is great for minor skin problems and gives you that glow that you desire. It comes from a state of the art Q-switched Nd-Yag laser machine. This machine works wonders on your skin by producing short, high-intensity pulses of light in order to destroy dirt that may be clogging up your pores. First, your face is cleaned and lotion is applied. We will use a carbon lotion that acts as a photo enhancer. The lotion helps with the rapid intensity of the treatment and really focuses on the debris that is causing your clogged pores. The laser light is absorbed by the black particles of carbon which will be released with the dead layer of skin.
What Are The Benefits of It?
For those who want to combat the signs of aging, Carbon Laser Facials can rejuvenate your skin by:
- Reducing the signs of premature aging
- Improving skin integrity and radiance
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Increasing skin tone and texture
- Stimulating collagen growth for firmer, plumper skin
- Reducing oily skin or exfoliating dry skin
- Erasing or fading yellow/brown pigmentation
Carbon Laser Facials are safe and effective for all types of acne and can:
- Gently clear your pores to help reduce blackheads and whiteheads
- Eliminates the need to extract comedones
- Simultaneously targets acne bacteria and shrinks your sebaceous glands for reduced oil production, congestion and outbreaks
- Decreases cyst size, papules and nodules
What can I expect?
Your skin will feel immediately smoother and look instantly refreshed. Better still, there’s zero downtime! You can return to your daily activities immediately following your treatment – your skin may appear slightly red but this should disappear within a few hours. We recommend you use SPF 30+ and avoid abrasive exfoliates or other invasive skin treatments for a few days.
How long do results last?
It will depend on the condition of your skin, your skin type and your lifestyle.
You’ll probably notice results after a single treatment. However, for long-term results, we recommend regular treatments – 4-6 treatments are optimal, spaced 2-4 weeks apart.
Please note: If you’ve recently had dermal filler or toxin treatments, we’ll recommend you wait a minimum of 2 weeks before undergoing Carbon Laser Skin Rejuvenation.
Will it hurt?
No! The treatment is gentle, non-invasive and painless. You’ll probably hear a small pulse as we target the carbon particles in your pores with the laser. Our clients describe the feeling as warm or prickly but not painful.
Am I a good candidate / Will this treatment work for me?
The ideal candidate is anyone who shows signs of skin damage, including stretch marks and/or anything else that affects the skin’s textureFor safety reasons, you may not be able to get this treatment if you have/are:
- Any active conditions in the treatment area (e.g. rash)
- History of skin disorders or very dry skin
- Current or history of cancer (including pre-malignant moles)
- Severe concurrent conditions (e.g. cardiac disorders)
- Pregnant or nursing
- An impaired immune system
- A history of disease around the treatment area that’s stimulated by heat (e.g. herpes)
- Poorly controlled endocrine disorders (e.g. diabetes)
- Taking blood thinners
- Had a face lift or eyelid surgery within the past 3 months
- Had any resurfacing treatments or chemical peels within the past 3 months
- Had any cosmetic injections within the past 2 weeks
- Consumed any Advil, Tylenol or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs within the past week of your treatment
- Any surgeries within the past 6 months
- Treating over tattoos or permanent makeup
- Excessively tanned